View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 01:11 PM
kanuck87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I am not fine letting him walk, but if he wants $6M then I would trade him to a team that would give him that kind of money and get a valuable asset back. Then I would run with Hamhuis, Bieksa, Garrison, and Tanev as my top 4, with Ballard and Connauton filling in the bottom pairing.
Then you're probably going to complain at the end of the season when the Canucks get knocked out of the 1st round again. That's nowhere near a cup-worthy d-core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
We can't compete without the twins either, so they get 8m each. Higgins is a great 3rd liner with 20 goal potential, he gets Brouwer money 3.6m. Hansen too, he gets 3m. Hopefully Booth doesn't get back to scoring 30 or we won't be able to ice a team with Edler making 6m.
All I asked was to provide a suitable plan B that improves the team if you're fine letting Edler walk for what is essentially market value. You don't have to get all defensive over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
You can hope & pray that BC born player wants to sign here (Hamhuis or Garrison to a lesser extent) for under market value; but that always doesn't work (eg., Shultz).
Right, it doesn't always work and also, we're at the stage where the team needs to target elite players, and those players in general rarely ever become available. How long are we going to wait before we find a suitable replacement for Edler? Are we going to waste a season like we did this past one when we didn't find a replacement for Ehrhoff?

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote