View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 02:45 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
True, but it doesn't change the fact that he is big, physical and mobile.
Pretty much this as soon as I got over the fact Nicastro would never be much offensively you look at the other parts of his game. A lot of the best defensive d-man are guys that were thought to have a ton more upside. But they tailored good skating ability and frame into making themselves an exceptional defensive d-man. I am not sure he will do that, but it could make sense.

Now his talent set was much higher, but Brad Stuart was thought to be a lot more than he really is when he came into the league. We never complained because about the time we got him, we knew what he was. I just think Nicastro's skills and physical nature suit themselves to a pro game. It will be interesting to see how he develops. Not all is lost because of a rough couple years at BU. He still has a lot of raw talent if he accepts what his role should be in the future.

Not to mention people might be disappointed with some of the off-ice stuff. But the signs that he learned from it are encouraging. He showed up ready to work this summer and seems committed to using his second lease on life as it were from the reports I have seen. I also get the feeling by the way he hammers guys on the board and as mean as he has played in the NCAA at times. That he will be more than willing to drop the gloves and protect the crease. We will find that out soon and it might be yet another asset in his tool box.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote