View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I would agree but I don't care what his ahl numbers look like when he was a good nhl goalie in his call up. Look at Holtby his ahl numbers this year were .906 sv% and 2.61 GAA but do you think Washington cares at all? Irving had slightly worse numbers this year with his injury without his injury he has much better numbers. I think he has shown he is nhl ready.
I think if Washington didn't have brutal goaltending and injuries Holtby probably doesn't get called up. Lets also keep in mind Holtby isn't due to become a group 6 this year either since he's 2 years younger than Irving.

I'd like to see a bigger sample size with Irving before we make any call on him, but I think at this stage he's a whole lot closer to a bust then he is to an NHL starter.

BTW, a couple of people have mentioned an injury to Irving this year. Can you clarify that for me? I'm unaware of any injury and couldn't find one when I looked for it. Are people confusing Karlssons injury and thinking it was Irving's or am I missing something?

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote