View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 04:08 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygore View Post
My prediction is that if the team is middle of the pack or better there's no way the Sting will be a seller come trade deadline time. As a matter of fact they might even be buyers if that's the case. If you're Trader Jack how could you possibly justify all your other moves so far if you become a seller. That's exactly the position Millar was in back in 08 and the reason he did nothing at the trade deadline when teams like Windsor, London ,and Plymouth were clearly way better teams. There is a reason that this team has only made it out of the first round of the playoffs twice in 18 years.
I'm not sure what your point is. Regardless, Sarnia has an extremely difficult decision to make with its assets (Galchenyuk and company) and whatever route they decide - its guaranteed to piss off fans. It's a lose-lose situation this season unless they somehow find a way to upset their way to an OHL Championship.

Also, the timing of this big "decision" is also very critical in my opinion. If teams are willing to back up the truck to acquire a Galchenyuk or Murphy then they are going to want to do it sooner than later. If Sarnia waits until the deadline then the return diminishes greatly.

Big decisions require the guys to enter sell-off mode but also if they decide not sell off too. The asking price will determine the route they take

Whatever they decide, heart ache will certainly occur in the sting fanbase - when these players are dealt OR at the end of their season (playoffs or not).