View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 03:37 PM
massey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
I'm not sure what your point is. Regardless, Sarnia has an extremely difficult decision to make with its assets (Galchenyuk and company) and whatever route they decide - its guaranteed to piss off fans. It's a lose-lose situation this season unless they somehow find a way to upset their way to an OHL Championship.

Also, the timing of this big "decision" is also very critical in my opinion. If teams are willing to back up the truck to acquire a Galchenyuk or Murphy then they are going to want to do it sooner than later. If Sarnia waits until the deadline then the return diminishes greatly.

Big decisions require the guys to enter sell-off mode but also if they decide not sell off too. The asking price will determine the route they take

Whatever they decide, heart ache will certainly occur in the sting fanbase - when these players are dealt OR at the end of their season (playoffs or not).
Well spoken.You are right.The sting management is in a no win situation.I hope they do well and end up in a position to keep them around and look for a few others.Hopefully go a couple of playoff rounds and help out the cash and fan situation.I truly think if this team remains healthy is going to fool some other teams and the fans.From the coaching side of things,Alex Sr and Trevor APPEAR to have more on the bench say to the players and I actually seen JB a few times patting the boys on the back and said good work.I would think the length of the NHL lockout will be the key as to which teams are going to be shoppers and who is not.