View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 04:07 PM
CoyotesHFNHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygore View Post
My prediction is that if the team is middle of the pack or better there's no way the Sting will be a seller come trade deadline time. As a matter of fact they might even be buyers if that's the case. If you're Trader Jack how could you possibly justify all your other moves so far if you become a seller. That's exactly the position Millar was in back in 08 and the reason he did nothing at the trade deadline when teams like Windsor, London ,and Plymouth were clearly way better teams. There is a reason that this team has only made it out of the first round of the playoffs twice in 18 years.
From what I gather, this isn't 2008 when they traded with Barrie and added to Stamkos and the crew and won a playoff round. This is 2009. The big star has been picked 1st overall and is no longer with the team. They have all the pieces to be a good competitive team, but many of them are gone after this season with no one to replace them. This is the following year. When they did nothing at the deadline because they had a good team then were beat swiftly by Plymouth. All the players moved on and there was a two year rebuild. I'm suprirsed so many people are saying that they can't trade this year, or it would be a bad idea for them to trade away players this year. If they don't, be prepared for a 2 year rebuild. If they build up enough points, trade away the top guys who wont be there next year, the young players should be able to hold onto a playoff spot. They'll get knocked out in the 1st round, but if they can get some young talent back with those picks, then they will be able to avoid another rebuild. Thats just my take on it.