View Single Post
Old
05-06-2006, 08:11 AM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon
They seem like reasonable men and team players, unlike Bulis who is looking to cash in on mediocrity and spread his laziness to a new city.

Good quotes indeed, and in the case of Huet, backed up by Koivu (from the Canadiens' website):

When asked what he would say to Bob Gainey if he turned to Koivu for his opinion on how he should handle the Huet situation, Koivu proved how well he understands his general manager.

"Well, he's not going to ask my opinion," smiled Koivu.

"But seriously, I think it's pretty obvious what kind of impact Huey had on our team," Koivu said. "I mean, seven shutouts in 20-something games? That's pretty damn good. Is he going to make our team better? Yes he will. Do I hope he's going to be back? Definitely, 100 per cent. At the same time, there's always two parts to a negotiation but I'm sure that the team and Bob feel that they want to have him back here.

"I've talked to Cristobal and all I can tell you is that I know that he's very anxious to get back here next year."
Saku knows BG...nice to hear that Saku is not one of those players to stick his nose in where it doesn't belong, and you can be sure that Carbo and BG do value Saku's opinions when asked...the comment about Huet speaks volumes, and Huet knows that his captain values his efforts, so it is just a matter of agreeing on an amount in the form of a 2-3 year deal...