Old
09-18-2012, 05:17 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
Edler is Vancouver's best defenseman. Best passer, best positionally, best on the PP, best hitter, best skater. He is worth more than any other defenseman on this team, AND he's also the youngest of our top 4.

I would be happy with a contract giving Edler 6M per year.

To say Bieksa is a better player is a little strange to me, but I guess i've seen stranger.
This is just you're opinion based on your own personal feelings. Your opinion is not supported by production that is backed up by statistical and advanced statistical analysis.

It's funny how everyone is happy about Gillis taking a moneyball approach, but when it goes against one of their favorite players all of a sudden we throw those principals out the window? People were also quick to use these advanced stats to suggest that Cody Hodgson wasn't that good and to slam him after we moved him, but when we are using them to judge one of our own players we throw the numbers out the window?

Consistency people...based on the evidence, Edler is NOT our best defenseman, nor is he being treated like he is by our team (nor should he be based on his production). There's more value in a defenseman than power play points, otherwise Marc Andre Bergeron would be a highly coveted highly paid defenseman.