View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 06:18 PM
CanuckLuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
This is just you're opinion based on your own personal feelings. Your opinion is not supported by production that is backed up by statistical and advanced statistical analysis.

It's funny how everyone is happy about Gillis taking a moneyball approach, but when it goes against one of their favorite players all of a sudden we throw those principals out the window? People were also quick to use these advanced stats to suggest that Cody Hodgson wasn't that good and to slam him after we moved him, but when we are using them to judge one of our own players we throw the numbers out the window?

Consistency people...based on the evidence, Edler is NOT our best defenseman, nor is he being treated like he is by our team (nor should he be based on his production). There's more value in a defenseman than power play points, otherwise Marc Andre Bergeron would be a highly coveted highly paid defenseman.

I think defensively all 3 are very close. Offensively is where Edler seperates himself though. His vision, passing and shot are much better than the rest. There is a reason he plays on our PP unit. Sorry but I don't need advanced statistical analysis to see which defensemen is better...that's ridiculous....i'll just stick to watching.

And it's weird you use consistency as the backbone of your argument when Bieksa has probably been our most inconsistent defensemen over the last few years. If Edler had not been injured last year he would have put up back-back-back 40 pt seasons. How much more consistency do you need? Bieksa, on the other hand, has had MORE injury issues and hasn't produced as many points as Edler in that time. Weird argument.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote