Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Bruins extend Milan Lucic for 3 years/$18 million
View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Dave Lewis' Bruins (06-07) were not big and bad. They were quite literally the furthest possible thing, an I mean sincerely mean the FURTHEST possible thing from big and bad... even with Chara. I'm not sure how you could make that mistake. The Bruins inability to respond physically was notorious (See the Adam Mair cheap shot and subsequent concussion to Krejci in his first NHL game for a summary of the Bruins entire season that year.). The only highlight physically for Boston was Chara busting up Koci's already busted up nose.
The attitude change did in fact come in Lucic's first year, though shouldn't all be attributed to him (although he deserves quite a portion). It was also Claude Juliens first year as coach. Other guys like Shawn Thornton, Mark Stuart, Andy Ference, and David Krejci made it into the lineup for their first full season, all guys that also had a pretty big part in changing the dynamic of the club.

Complete 180 that Lucic did play a big role in. He fought and hit everything that year. In Chara's first year with the Bruins they were *****cats.
I'm pretty sure that was '07-08 as well, Chara didn't fight once under Dave Lewis, there were no physical highlights that year.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote