View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Regier, Sabres' coaches turn focus toward AHL and Amerks

Quote:
“I’m hopeful that they look for the opportunity inside of this,” Regier said. “They’re going to be able to continue learning and playing, and the bulk of the players won’t have that same opportunity. It should give them a leg up, and it should allow them to continue developing and learning and working."

Sabres coach Lindy Ruff was a regular in Rochester during the 2004-05 lockout, attending practices and games to get a feel for the players who’d eventually be on his team. Amerks coach Ron Rolston can expect similar visits.

Lindy and his staff will be helping Ron and his staff,” Regier said. “They’ve already had some meetings."
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...nd-amerks.html

I remember Cunneyworth raving about the help it gave the Amerks-on-verge-of-becoming-Sabres in 2004-05 to have the Sabres always present in Rochester - and we saw how many Amerks made the Sabres' camp as rookies after the lockout.

Whether or not Ruff is the best influence for the prospects is open for debate....I'm curious to read how the Rolston-Ruff relationship goes and when the Amerks fill the spot vacated when they fired McKee.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote