Old
09-18-2012, 07:24 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
Only in your opinion would this statistical analysis make Bieksa a better defenseman. That is your problem, my friend.

Most of us watch both Edler and Bieksa and see a much smoother, more intelligent and responsible defender in Edler. If even strength points is your backbone you don't have much a of a leg to stand on.

Like I said, i'll continue watching the on-ice product both defensemen bring. You keep you statistical analysis going and we'll see which defensman gets a bigger contract. When this is all said and done, and Edler signs, I think we're looking at the 5.8M/yr range. That's your hometown bargain. Edler doesn't deserve to be making the same as the others, he will continue to get better while the others have already peaked.
I agree he will get more, because of his potential not because of anything he's done to date.

You can watch Edler all you want but you're not considering that he plays against weaker competition, while being sheltered by being given prime O-zone starts with better forwards. Yet despite all that his relative Corsi is worse than Bieksa. No matter what you say about their defensive play, it's wrong. Bieksa is the better defenseman based on this criteria. If you wanted just a smooth skating defenseman with a good shot and nothing else matters then you'll love MA Bergeron. Let's give him $6M too shall we?