View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 08:20 PM
EvenSteven

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
Agree with both of you about not being the first choice. Maybe there is more behind the scenes in the dressing room we all dont know about. I see Murphy as an A, would have prefered Fanelli with the C. He will be a mainstay through his OHL career. See him as the Dan Kelly without as much grit.
Thomson was my first choice but as others have said, we don't see what goes on, and how the players are, behind the scenes.

As far as Fanelli goes, I'll eat my hat if he comes close to being the d-man Kelly was. Right now Fanelli is OK but his best spot to be most effective is on the 3rd pairing this year. He struggles versus the big guns in this league. Schieffle had fun with him last Friday - but then, he does that with a lot of d-men.

Murphy, Iafrate, and McEneny are ahead of him on the depth chart right now. I have him and Hanes on the same page. Once Spott gives in and deals for a quality d-man to play with Murphy, Fanelli and Genovese would be a solid, safe third pairing that would see much more ice than our 3rd pairing did last year.