Old
09-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Kloparren
Hth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Anaheim, Tampa, Carolina
There was no cap in place when Tampa won the cup, Anaheim did a great job drafting/developing players and I think they could've won even with a higher cap, Carolina is the only point I'll concede but that was the messed up anomaly yr and they did have Staal and a goalie who stood on his head after he took over.

The LA Kings were significantly below the salary cap this season but still won the cup. They did a great job of drafting, helped them trade for better assets and some shrewd GM moves plus they got lucky because Quick gave the best regular season performance by any goalie in quite a few yrs to even get them in the playoffs by which point they had their chemistry going.

I can guarantee you that if the cap is $75 M with a luxury tax allowing you to go up to say $85 M with a floor at 30 M....some of the teams spending $70 M+ would still eff up. The disparity between the best/worst teams MIGHT grow but this can be offset by increasing the FA yrs by one yr or two and a team doing a good job at developing its young guys.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote