View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 09:51 PM
wreckingcru

vCash: 500
In my humble opinion, I think Edler will cost too much. I think Burke could reasonably sign Getzlaf to a good price, that's if he is willing to leave Anaheim. Burke (and Carlyle) hopefully can convince him to come our way, (especially if we make the playoffs this year and are heading in a better direction). Maybe we can become the new Wild, sign both Getzlaf and Perry as teammates to contacts, however that's highly unlikely as Burke would need to give you massive contracts. I wouldn't mind locking up Getzlaf or Perry for 6 or 7 years though. Though a concern would be raised in getting both Getzlaf and Perry. Remember how Lupul was not too happy with how he was under-played in Anaheim? Well that issue could present itself again, but I guess that's an issue you want. (Lupul is also a UFA at end of season.) We do have the money to get Getzlaf or Perry, maybe even both. Lombardi and Connolly both come off the books. Macarthur is also a UFA, and a probable player to be traded depending how his season goes and how his value goes. Though if we do sign Getlzaf and Perry, I would be thinking something like

Grabovski Getzlaf Perry
Lupul Bozak Kessel
Kulimen McClement Kadri
Frattin Steckel Brown

Looks pretty good, but I doubt we get both, gives us something to dream about eh?

For defence:
I wouldn't bother signing Edler, Timmonen (age not a great factor in young team), or any potential overpriced D. Scuderi will definitely be resigned after their Cup win. Zidlicky probably not with Parise now gone and an aging Brodeur, Streit maybe won't resign with Islanders still in the Dumps. I would look to sign a cheap D, an underrated one at that. Corvo, Ference, Leopold, Zidlicky, Regehr are all D men I would be interested in sign. Though watch us sign Hainsey and some 3rd line centre. I would cry.

Though if I could dream in a somewhat realistic dream:

Phaneuf Zidlicky
Komisarek Liles
Gardiner Gunnarsson
Regehr or Corvo or Ference

oh yeah, and assuming Reimer isn't giving us the goaltending needed especially with our new defence-first system, trade Franson + Blacker or Colborne + Macarthur for a #1 goalie (VAN would probably go for that?) or like Franson + prospect for Theodore? FLA needs to clear room for Markstrom. Or lol even if Reimer is playing well, we need a back-up for a year, we can't go with just him and Scrivens, what if an injury occurs? No, Burke needs to acquire a veteran net minder before we play this season. Or else if one of those young guys get injured, Burke will overpay hard for one. I would go for Theodore personally, as he would help Reimer the most. Theodore can start, but also can be an ample back-up. Which would help Reimer and the Leafs as a team. Though, FLA might be looking to do the same, with Markstrom starting probably in a couple years, and having Theodore to back-up.

Grabovski Getzlaf Perry
Lupul Bozak Kessel
Kulimen McClement Kadri
Frattin Steckel Brown

Phaneuf Zidlicky
Komisarek Liles
Gardiner Gunnarsson
Regehr

Reimer
Theodore

IF everything goes our way. Though when ever is that the case?

Last edited by wreckingcru: 09-18-2012 at 09:59 PM.
wreckingcru is offline   Reply With Quote