View Single Post
Old
09-18-2012, 11:48 PM
CoyotesHFNHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
I think it is wrong to compare this team to the 09 team. This team has better 16, 17 and 18 yr old's than that team. Offensively, this is not a bad team in the years to come. You have Moore and Brown as pure goal scorers, Nikandrov is a great playmaker and has excellent vision. I know it is early but Renaud, Hargrave and Addesi could be very good power forwards. Mater is a hard worker. I haven't seen Goldobin play yet, but he seems able to pick up points. Dundas is going to surprise some people too, he is not just a fighter, he can put the puck in the net too. On the defense side there might be some problems and well I wont get into goal tending.

As for this year, I think they could finish 4th, but I would rather them trade their assets at the deadline for 16/17 yr old's and picks to build a top team for next year.
I completely agree. The 13 team is better than 09 for 16/17 year olds, and I agree they could fight for 4th if they hold onto everything they got right now. If they play this team until the deadline (unless injuries come up and a team is willing to pay a ransom for one of the older players before then) get a few picks and a few young players at the deadline this team will still be a playoff team this year and be even better in 2014. A year when winning the conference could mean a Memorial Cup trip. (If the Eastern Conference gets it).