View Single Post
Old
09-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Barney Gumble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
He still has a better corsi than Edler... while playing tougher minutes... with worse teammates.
I would hope a defenseman five years older would have 'better' such numbers than a then 22-23 year old defenseman.

Are you referring to his corsi numbers when you wasn't playing with Hamhuis for any of the past two seasons or before Hamhuis was a Canuck (I doubt the later). Hamhuis acquisition helped Bieksa's game (or at least made him focus more on the defensive side of the game - whether he was later moved off the pairing [or an injury forced that to happen]).

From 2010:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
No one defending Bieksa has addressed this: +52 when Bieksa's off the ice, -25 when he's on over the last four seasons. Three of those seasons he was on the second or third pairing. I'd be willing to bet on a per game basis that's the worst in the NHL (don't have time to run the numbers right now). He gets some of the worst EV results in the league and doesn't stand out on either the PK or the PP.

Don't even try to compare him to Ohlund. Ohlund was elite on the PK and nowhere near the trainwreck Bieksa is at EV.

Last edited by Barney Gumble: 09-19-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote