View Single Post
Old
09-19-2012, 12:44 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I think if Washington didn't have brutal goaltending and injuries Holtby probably doesn't get called up. Lets also keep in mind Holtby isn't due to become a group 6 this year either since he's 2 years younger than Irving.

I'd like to see a bigger sample size with Irving before we make any call on him, but I think at this stage he's a whole lot closer to a bust then he is to an NHL starter.

BTW, a couple of people have mentioned an injury to Irving this year. Can you clarify that for me? I'm unaware of any injury and couldn't find one when I looked for it. Are people confusing Karlssons injury and thinking it was Irving's or am I missing something?
He is one year younger and I agree we need a larger sample size but how can we call a goalie that had a SV% of .912 a bust? At this point it is a toss up as to whether or not he will bust but everyone knows goalies take the longest to develop and form what I have seen (Heat and Flames) he is progressing nicely. I don't think he is overrated as many here see him as a potential starter no one has called him the next Kipper if anything I think calling him a bust is as much underrating as calling him the next Kipper is overrating.

I can't find a link (I think he said it in his exit interview) but he did say he had a leg injury after his first call up game and he played through it as he saw a chance at the nhl to prove him self.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote