View Single Post
Old
09-19-2012, 03:42 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
Name: Keith

Preds Fan Since: 1998 (hockey fan since 1996)

All-Time Favorite Pred: Tomas Vokoun

Favorite Current Pred: Roman Josi

Most Memorable Preds Moment: The first "Last TV Timeout Standing Ovation" against St. Louis, April 3, 2008.

Best Trade: 2/16/04 - Acquired Steve Sullivan in exchange for second-round picks in 2004 (Ryan Garlock) and 2005 (Mike Blunden?)

Worst Trade: 7/18/06 - Acquired Josef Vasicek in exchange for Scott Walker. Vasicek produced at roughly 0.3 points per game, was believed at the time to be problematic in the dressing room, and was ultimately traded back to Carolina in February of '07 in the Vitaly Vishnevskiy trade sequence. Walker had an extremely productive season with the Hurricanes, scoring 21 goals and 51 points, following that up with an injury-shortened season in which he scored the series-winning goal in the Eastern Conference Semifinals in overtime of Game 7 against Boston.

Best UFA Signing: Paul Kariya. Completely changed the franchise.

Worst UFA Signing: Matthew Lombardi. Lasted two games.

Jerseys Owned: Nashville original blue with the silver sleeves (Fitzgerald, autographed), Nashville mustard alternate (no name/number), Nashville "Edge" blue (no name/number), Nashville white (Legwand), 08-09 Milwaukee white (Alex Sulzer), 99-00 Pittsburgh alternate (Lemieux), 03-04 Tampa Bay white (no name/number), 1990s Dallas Stars black (no name/number; actually too small for me).

Favorite Sport Other than Hockey: Soccer.

Favorite Movie: Kill Bill Vol. 1

Favorite Music: Depends on my mood. Could be folk, electronica, jazz, metal, or indie stuff. I tend to be very choosy on hip-hop and country, the latter almost exclusively being Dwight Yoakam and his forerunners (Buck Owens, Merle Haggard, and the like).

Favorite Place To Sit at A Game: At the base of the corners in the upper bowl; lessens the distortion of depth perception that one gets from sitting behind the nets, and allows the spectator to see the plays develop.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote