View Single Post
Old
09-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
As it should be, and the only way that is going to happen is with revenue sharing among the teams.

Nothing. I don't think I said I was for that did I?

Sorry man, but I disagree with you on this completely. Just because the pay scale changes doesn't mean the principles do. It's not about "relating" to the average American. The same applies to doctors, lawyers, and your aforementioned mechanics, teachers, whatever. People are compensated according to the demand for their services. These guys are top 1% at what they do and they are compensated accordingly, but it doesn't mean they should get bent over by their boss whenever just because you and your $9.75/hr job think they should be able to get by with less. If you really want to do something about it, get your ass to the gym 20-30 hours a week, spend every other waking hour for 15 years at a rink developing your game, and then go play in the NHL for less to drive salaries down.

In order to avoid getting paid less, they'll take nothing. Makes sense but definitely not cents! ba dump chh! But really, I don't think anyone thinks the players should get bent over. Do you really think they are getting bent over in these negotiations? From everything I've read, the players have done very well under the last CBA and are actually taking a bigger percentage than other sports leagues and they are looking to keep it that way.

I'm all ears to hear/read, exactly how the owners are screwing them. Who is screwing the owners that aren't making a penny and are losing each season?

I mentioned this before but I work for a Fortune 200 company and our expense are ~30% including every piece of real estate rented, every pen and piece of paper and all employees salaries. You know who decides that amount? The stockholders aka the owners of the company. So if we are making comaprisons, who is really getting screwed here? I don't have a say if they want to fold one of our offices. i don't have a say if they want to cut staff. The players are afforded a luxury that a lot of Americans don't have. Sitting out for zero dollars in hopes of getting more while losing even more in the process isn't a good business decision. It also doesn't make the people that help pay your salaries relate to your plight.