View Single Post
Old
09-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Old Man Barking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
Considering in a 50-50% split, the owners give up nothing on the previous CBA and the players walk down from 57%...it would favor the NHL/Owners.....plus there is almost certain to be some sort of term limits on contracts and/or prevention of manipulating the cap hit as some deals have.

Though I tend to agree with you, sorta. The only way the players get a CBA with a share of 50% or more IMO is if they present a deal in short order that takes a big step closer to 50%....big enough that the teams making money under the prior CBA have a strong motivation to keep the train rolling.
I meant favor as in the NHL gets a larger percentage. I forget the quote, but Bettman has alluded to it a couple times (I think?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post
Where have you gotten that from? After they offered 49%, they even said that percentage does not have to be final and does have wiggle room.

50-52% favoring the players is very possible but only if they negotiate it soon.
I'd be surprised to so a 52% for players, anything over 50-50, in my opinion, won't happen due to owners/NHL.

Old Man Barking is offline   Reply With Quote