Thread: Prospect Info: Detroit Red Wings Prospect #26
View Single Post
Old
09-19-2012, 07:54 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
These rankings will change next year, but as of now, guys like Raedeke, Nicastro and even Nestrasil look to have higher upside an are have developed more than McKee. Yeah he might be able to skate and he seems to have a great attitude, but what seems to be missing is those essential skills to become an NHL player (even a fringe player). He said himself, he wants to work on that and not be and enforcer. I rate other players before an enforcer. But if McKee shows he can improve in other areas of his game, then I'll be the first to vote for him ahead of the other guys on this list.
See I disagree. Nestrasil was a similar late round pick that was supposed to be a scorer. He has basically proven that his skill has stagnated and it will not develop to a point to contribute in the NHL at all and he has proven that with his lack of development.

Mckee already has the toughness to fill the role he was supposed to in the NHL. He doesnt need to become a scorer or anything and hasnt proven that he is going nowhere. There is still hope for him. Guys like Nestrasil and Raedeke have proven theyw ont be NHLers anytime soon

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote