View Single Post
Old
09-19-2012, 08:16 PM
86Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Which players (that have a chance) do you think have their chances hurt by a lockout

I say
Spezza
Eberle
Hall
RNH
Benn
Tovares
Essentially young guys on the bubble and vets who had down years last year. Tavares is a lock IMO, so I don't think his chances are hurt. Eberle is a near-lock and has probably already proven enough, so same goes for him. Hall already has a good chance of making it, but a good season would certainly bolster his chances and solidify his roster spot. RNH, Benn, Kane, Skinner, and Seguin are classic bubble guys who will have to somehow prove themselves (to varying degrees - ie, Seguin is a pretty good bet to make it already, while the rest are somewhat long shots) so the lockout will definitely hurt them.

Our last impression of Getzlaf was a 9 goal season and a stupid penalty in the WHC quarters that cost us a chance at advancing, so he needs a strong bounce-back season. Same goes for Perry and Staal - the lockout probably hurts them too. Spezza has no chance in he!! of making this team unfortunately, so the lockout has no impact on him. The rest of the forward group is pretty well locked up in my view, so the guys I mentioned above plus the likes of Sharp, Jordan Staal, may have limited opportunities to prove themselves to Hockey Canada.