View Single Post
Old
09-19-2012, 08:30 PM
kap0r

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
His KHL rights are owned by SKA Saint Petersburg anyway, he was a first round draft pick in the KHL of them. So I don't think he could just pick Slovan even if he wanted to. The Wings said they aren't releasing him to the KHL, although Tatar did hint that is where he would like to play in the event of a lookout.

I honestly think the overripe process has completely worn thin with Tatar. I really worry next year when his contract is up and he is out of options he won't care that the roster spot is finally offered and jet over to Russia anyway. He seems to have become increasingly frustrated with the process. You can say earn more, but he has improved a lot as a player and really should be given a chance. I understand his frustration and I hope it doesn't bite the Wings.

Tatar explicitly said in the interview I linked in the prospects thread, that he`s cleared to play either in Slovan or Trencin from the RedWings until the 10th of October.
Since SKA filled its roster with Kovalchuk & Tarasenko, I`d expect a similar situation as with Jaro Janus (G, Tampa Bay, rights held by Lokomotiv Yaroslavl) - he`ll be "loaned" for a season/couple of weeks by SKA, since he`s no use for them now.
I mean he even trained with the guys from Slovan during this summer.

http://translate.google.com/translat...onu%2F&act=url

Regarding the second part of your post, here`s another interview taken during the summer, where he adresses his issues with being held in AHL - roughly translated, he expects to be called up for couple of games this year and would be glad to get a shot with the Red Wings the next year.
AND he refused a lucrative contract with SKA after the IIHF World champs

He`s patient and glad to be a part of the organization, don`t worry

kap0r is offline   Reply With Quote