View Single Post
Old
09-19-2012, 08:56 PM
86Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
I wouldn't say Hall has a "good chance" I would put him on the bubble.

Also, (even though I am a homer) I don't understand why Spezza has no chance. I don't think he is a lock, and if he made the team he would be bottom 6/13th forward, but to say he has no chance is to ignore a great player. Even when he misses a bunch of games to injury he is about point per game, and when he stays healthy he is usually top 15 or 10 in scoring (last year he was top 5)
I'm a fan of Spezza too, but he's never been asked to play for team Canada at an international best-on-best tournament and was actually turned away by Hockey Canada for this past spring's WHCs. So he can score all he wants, but he's not beating out Crosby, Stamkos, Giroux, Toews, Tavares, Richards, or Bergeron for a spot on this team. Not to mention Getzlaf and Staal.

Hall's speed will get him on the team, he's exactly the kind of guy we need on the international ice surface. Of course he needs to stay healthy though (which is a big if for him). So I'd put him down as a good bet, not a lock but a good bet - he's got a better chance in my view than the other youngsters on the bubble.