View Single Post
Old
09-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
I'm sure it's just a simple computer flip of a switch to turn it off then on.
This.

I'm really surprised multiple posters have said they think it would be a lot of trouble for the B's to suspend payments. It's actually a little comical.

They just flipped the switch off last month when they delayed the August payment for two and a half weeks till early Sept when they were undergoing "system maintenance" of some kind. Why would delaying/suspending them again be any more difficult?

The only difference is, it's a considerable amount of interest we are talking about. If you took a poll amongst other NHL teams, I'd be willing to bet the vast majority are suspending payments. Because the majority of teams don't want their STH's to feel they are being taken advantage of.

To make your most loyal fans continue to pay a substantial monthly bill for a product which has no know time frame for return, is absolutely crazy imo.

Obviously NHL teams want to make money like any for profit business. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be reasonable when considering how to handle a delicate situation like a lockout/strike/work stoppage.