View Single Post
Old
05-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Frenzy1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue
Clearly, you also have little ability to comprehend the deal in the larger sense. I explained it previously, so I'm not going through it again for you. Suffice it to say, if you consider Picard or Eager to be anything less than excellent prospects with legitmate NHL futures, then as far as I'm concerned you're not worth the trouble to disagree with...
I understand the deal completely and I think it is a poor deal. This is a quantity for quality trade and quite frankly the Blues do not have enough Quality to give it up.

Look at the Blues system - we have plenty of 3rd and 4th liners with a few 2nd liners at forward plus a few Dmen that look to be 2nd pairing. We also have a couple of boom or bust guys. WE DO NOT HAVE ANY ELITE TALLENT AT FORWARD OR ON D.

Adding late picks in the 1st round this year will not change that. You are looking at 2nd pairing Dmen or 2nd line/3rd line players.

This is a chance to get a difference making player. Trading that to bring back a tweener (between the 2nd and 3rd line) C in Handzus w/o out claiming one of their young great Centers (Carter/Richards/Umberger) is a mistake.

This would not help the rebuilding but further delay it. You have a chance to add someone along the lines of a Rob Blake/CP to the roster - you do not pass that up in a quality for quantity trade. (SEE BREWER et al.)