View Single Post
Old
09-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
I don't see why the 'odds would be long.' What are the odds, exactly?

Let's take a look. Let's comb through all NCAA picks. Let's note the year that they turned pro. I'd like to set the criteria for this: look only at players drafted in the top 2 rounds (as such, they had considerable expectations placed on them). However, I'm going to asterisk any players who were unsuccessful at the NCAA level. Those players are incomparable to Kristo.
Personnally, I'd like to see a high-end prospect, get out of a league that he dominates rather easily and be confronted with a tempo, a style, a schedule, that is closer to the next big thing. I look at your list and see that most 4-year guys that indeed went and became NHL'er only became serviceable in the NHL. We can agree that we expect Kristo to be more than serviceable.

I have a hard time believing that a guy like Kristo who we will need to see a real offensive touch to his game, be able to go from a league like the NCAA (not dissing the league by the way, I'm a fan of it) and the NHL and be able to automatically adjust his speed, timing, precisions and be the type of player we'd need him to be. Obviously, he will grow with time and will most likely be that player in 2 or 3 years. But with 1 AHL year......chances are he'd have a head start to be really contributing the year after instead of adjusting like he'd be next year.....IF he makes it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote