View Single Post
Old
09-20-2012, 01:21 PM
hockey365

vCash: 500
Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Rempart's fan, but I find it a little early to rank these teams, when the puck has not even dropped in the first weekend of games. I'm glad they are 1st. IMO, here are some of the questions I have pertaining to my beloved team:

- Kucherov isn't playing until end of Oct-Nov
- Grigs, Fever, Brass, Kutcherov & Culkin will leave for a good stretch, if the lockout ends early (for example in the next 3 weeks) That's a lot of players leaving for rookie camps.
- Grigs, Kucherov, Sorensen (if he's still in Qc) and Rioux will leave at Christmas to play in the WJC. Rioux with France at the D2 level. Potential to see Erne and Duclair participate at their respective country's camps as well.
- Etch will be out for 6 months
- Brassard is unproven as a #1 in the Q, especially under harsh pressure. He bodged the game against the Seadogs on National TV last season. He crumbled under pressure at the Telus Cup in the semi-final game with the Lions the year before that.
- They have so many Ds in the wing who'll play musical chair for the 4-5-6 spots, no stability
- Sorensen is presently tagged as fragile, can he sustain 10,20, 50 games in a row?

IMO, you won't have regular players on this team in any given month prior to the X-mass break. And we're talking quality players here.

I'm not too familiar with the other team's issues, but it would be very difficult to match if not surpass these points.

IMO, they could of waited, at least after the first weekend to rank teams.....

1 Quebec Remparts
2 Edmonton Oil Kings
3 London Knights
4 Portland Winterhawks
5 Kitchener Rangers
6 Halifax Mooseheads
7 Plymouth Whalers
8 Blainville-Boisbriand Armada
9 Saskatoon Blades
10 Oshawa Generals

hockey365 is offline   Reply With Quote