Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Bruins extend Milan Lucic for 3 years/$18 million
View Single Post
Old
09-20-2012, 04:26 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
On a serious note
I do notice that a lot of emphasis is placed on Lucic being the one that gives the Bruins this attitude of rough and ready style of play.
Chara was the addition that lead the charge of "Big Bad Bruins" back in 06/07 before Lucic even played a game for the team.
When Lucic was ready for a full season, the team also brought in Shawn Thornton, lost Primeau, Chara was cemented as the piece to build around, etc
The mentality started before even drafting Lucic. Yes, he gets credit for being a part of their style but not for being the integral piece of creating the Big Bad Bruins of this decade

All in all, I'd take Lucic at the current contract as well for Montral
How many fights did Chara have in his first year on the B's? That 06/07 team was the softest Bruins team I can remember in my 35+ years watching...Lucic was indeed the key piece to their "image". A power forward that could score, hit and fight. He also crosses the line and plays flat out mean. Chara used to play mean in Ottawa. Thornton is not mean but for a few moments per season.

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote