View Single Post
Old
09-20-2012, 04:56 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trl3789 View Post
So, the game actually ended up pretty bad score wise, but I had a blast. I really tried to focus on a few things like positioning, being in a good spot to support for outlet passes and stopping on the puck. All in all I thought I had a good game. I created a shorthanded chance with a poke check at the point and had a break away later in the game but the goalie made a nice kick save. I absolutely whiffed on a cross crease pass with an open net though

Things I need to work on/know for next time:
I should have used the warm up time better, I was a little apprehensive about what to do and didnt get as loose as a should have. I also still really need to work on my positioning and when to help out on an open guy. I'd like to work on my shot more, and I need to figure out how to be better on zone entries.
in most leagues you only get 3-5 mins for a warm up, i usually come on the ice drop off my extra stick and then do a few quick laps at about 75-80% speed. it gets your heart rate pumping. then i like to shoot/blast a few pucks before the goalie is in the net. do a quick stretch (groins, hamstrings, quads are most important) . then i usually skip the semi circle shooting on the goalie and focus on stickhandliing an passing to my self on the boards in the nuetral zone.

everyone has their own routine but i find this works for me.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote