View Single Post
Old
09-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual Fan View Post
I am looking more at the forwards then the defense. We have a few smallish skilled forwards in the pipeline but maybe we can develop a late bloomer big guy to play alongside them down the road. As to the chances of one of these ECHL signings ever making it, it only takes finding one like Desharnais to make the exercise worth it. It can only be a win-win situation as you are not tying up spots on the 50 man limit like we did with Lefebvre, Berger,Mayer and in the past Masse and Fortier. I think St. Denis was also an ECHL signing before earning his contract.
Ah, yes, I agree with that. Unless Archambault takes a big step this season, I'd see rather see the Habs sign an undrafted prospect going forward. I remember rumors of Sarault, Ranford and Ciampini being invited to Montreal's camp - I wonder if they'd tryout for Hamilton, with the idea that if they do well, they could be offered NHL contracts when the lockout ends? Of course, the best of those (Sarault and Ranford) are also on the small side...