View Single Post
Old
09-20-2012, 07:15 PM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 17 23 View Post
Hamill would have to look extremely impressive in a decent number of fights to get a shot against Jones, regardless of the fact that Hamill holds a "win" over Jones. Jones dominated the Hamill fight. The UFC wouldn't book that fight, unless the division was absolutely cleared out and then some, as a last minute replacement, or if some way some how Hamill started beating the top guys in the division.

I like Hamill, glad to see him come back for another fight, hope he wins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Hamill's not going on any sort of run, the guy is completely outclassed at the highest level.
I think you guys are underestimating Hamill a little. The guy beat Boetch, Munoz, Ortiz and Jardine. I wouldn't call that "outclassed at the highest level" by any stretch (except against Jones, but EVERYONE is). His record is 9-4 in the UFC, and he's fought tougher competition than a lot of other LHW regulars.

I'm not saying he deserves a title shot based on where he stands right now. I'm just saying that once Jones clears out Belfort/Henderson/Gustafsson (which I assume he will), Hamill could give the UFC an option.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote