Thread: Prospect Info: Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread
View Single Post
Old
09-20-2012, 07:38 PM
TheDaysOf 04
For The Chief!

vCash: 500
lightning.nhl.com: Tyler Johnson looks to avoid sophomore slump after breakout rookie season
Quote:
“The second you take a moment off, there are 100 guys right behind you who are going to pass you,” he added. “I had a good year last year, but like every player trying to make it to the NHL one day, you always want more.”

Naturally, Johnson did more.

Following the Admirals’ deep playoff run that culminated in championship fashion, Johnson hooked up with renowned personal trainer Drew Buchkoski – he who is famous for his work with professional athletes in both the National Football League and Major League Baseball – to become stronger, as well as joined his former junior club, the Spokane Chiefs of the Western Hockey League, to participate in summer workouts.

The result is that now just one week before Syracuse training camp opens, Johnson will arrive with 11 pounds of added muscle since the program started in early July, which he credits to Buchkoski’s specifically-tailored workout programs that focused heavily on bulking up in the weight room.

“I feel great, which can really boost your confidence going into camp just knowing that you’re going there a lot stronger and faster than you were a year ago,” Johnson said.
BP: Lightning Minor Pro Preview - Defensemen

BP: Lightning Minor Pro Preview - Wingers