View Single Post
Old
09-21-2012, 12:50 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
It would definitely affect guys like Rinaldo, but the stats show that 92% of players last year would not be affected. The league is trying to get rid of the designated goon who can't otherwise play, as well as staged fights, and I don't have a problem with that at all. Also, if there is an instigator penalty given to the opponent, it doesn't count as a fight for the non-instigator.

It will affect morons like a Windsor player, who stated a few weeks ago that his goal this year is to have 40 fights. Not points, championships, or blocked shots... fights. If he gets suspended and costs his team money, oh well.

Where I think we could see a problem is with guys like Cousins. If he's out on the ice at the end of the game, he's going to have free reign to be a jerk and anyone who retaliates will be suspended. That's where I disagree with the new rules in the OHL (suspension for fighting in the last 5 minutes of a game).
yeah i can see your point. the staged fighting part of the game is a part of the game I dont like. I hadnt looked into the numbers as far as who it would of affected. i think i read it where if a guy is jumped and is forced to fight it wont go against the 10 fight rule. .ie the guy if there is a instigator involved the player who was "jumped" wont be charged with a fight on his record to the 10 fight rule.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote