View Single Post
Old
09-21-2012, 10:50 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
Just like those rich decent actors that get all the good movie parts. Why can't they give roles to crappy actors so they don't starve?

The next time I get into legal trouble I'm not going to hire some high priced lawyer who can get me out of it. Instead I'm going to hire a lawyer who is barely making ends meet because he isn't very good because that is the right thing to do apparently.
Not very good comparables.

It'd be more like if those rich, decent actors were locked out of the big production companies and all decided to go sign on for indie work on the cheap. Then all the indie actors aren't able to land roles and have to find other work.

Similarly, it's like if all the big name law firms locked out their employees. They'd all flock to smaller law firms, and the small time lawyers would be out of a job.

Part of the difference between you two is that you're coming from the perspective of owners (who are looking to get the best employees possible), he's coming from the perspective of a union guy or employees in general (who are looking to keep their jobs and grow in the industry).