Thread: Confirmed with Link: Brandon Prust to Montreal [4 years, $10M]
View Single Post
09-21-2012, 11:50 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Andy - you piss and moan all the time about toughness, be honest... You don't like that part of the game. As far as Kostitsyn goes, nobody wanted him... Nobody! He's an inconsistent, play when he wants to type, and his act got old. He's in the KHL and hopefully he'll stay there. Also with regards to Latendresse he was offered the same contract that Ottawa offered and turned down the Habs. Link is here:

And Fatendresse wouldn't solve our toughness problems. Not even close. He would add size and maybe a scoring touch, but he's not that tough.
Sure you can say I hate toughness. Tbough I loved when we brought in Moen, Cole and now Prust. I guess having grinders playing where they should be is anti-toughness, then yeah I am.

As for Kostitsyn, he received offers from the Pens and Devils, so to say he wasn't wanted is pure falsehood.

Also if Latendresse chose Ottawa over Montreal, then it says something about us. Bergevin needs to find ways of making Montreal more attractive.

The lack of skill in the lineup is a big problem. This is evident with Prust potentially playing on the 2nd line and PP. It is Bergevin's responsibility to fill that hole. There were more than decent options on the market and he failed in that regard imo. And in that sense, so far its no diff from the previous regime in that we can't attract anything more than plugs or bottom 6 players.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote