View Single Post
Old
09-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Mcnotloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

vCash: 500
Home Game 1: Niagara - 4, Erie 2

I had to leave the game after the 2nd period last night. However... Connor McDavid... wow.

In the offensive zone he plays a game that is strikingly similar to RNH. Sharp turning, great puck control and vision. He has the ability (at 15) to take the puck from his own end, dangle his way through the tightest nuetral zone in the chl and make a play at the other end. By his draft, he will likely be much stronger than RNH was at the same time. Overall I think this kid has all the tools to be better than Nuge. His only trouble was Dougie Hamilton (who is bigger, stronger and faster... and simply does not belong in that league) and he was run over in the very first shift.

2 Ice Dogs players that I will talk about frequently as they rise are Carter Verhaeghe and Anthony DiFruscia.

In their 5 years, the Ice Dogs have built a VERY strong reputation for drafting and developing. Their players are brought along slowly. (before Hamilton's and Strome's draft year, Hamilton was generally ranked around 20, and Strome generally between 2nd and 4th rounds). Both of these players have the potential to be NHL first rounders by the end of the season, and I'll report more on them as the season goes on.

Mcnotloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote