View Single Post
Old
09-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

vCash: 500
Do you guys happen to have a updated ticket thread for this year I should be posting this in? If so, could a mod move this to the correct thread? If not, this one is good enough for me...

I'm just trying to compare what each team is offering their season ticket holders during the lockout. Most teams are offering two different options. One option usually offers a monthly refund on games missed during this lockout. The other option is usually you let the team keep all money you have paid in for the '12-'13 season and you get a certain % APR on your account for money paid in. B's are offering 3%.

Just curious if you guys have been offered anything yet? If so, if someone has a email that shows the options, and they don't mind posting it, I'd appreciate it. This is the B's offer-

Quote:
Option #1: Loyalty Program

You may elect to earn a 3% APR credit on the ticket money for games missed. In electing this option all ticket money and credit from games missed must stay on account. By choosing this option you will be committing to renew your season tickets for the 2013-14 season and you will lock in a price freeze on your season tickets for the 2013-14 season.

Option #2: Monthly Refund

You may elect to earn a 1% APR credit on the ticket money for games missed and receive monthly refunds on the ticket money for games missed. Your 1% APR credit from games missed will stay on account.
Not surprisingly, they fail to mention in both options, that they are going to continue charging you for payments during the lockout...even though there is not sign of the season start date. I believe most teams are suspending payment. I'm just curious to find out exactly how many are. I have speculated that many of the more popular Canadian teams may not feel the need to make great offs to their ST bases. As they may feel they don't have the other major sports to condoned with that many US states with NHL teams have.

The Wild are suspending payments and offering the highest % APR return at 10%-

Quote:
September 17, 2012

Re: 9569XXX

Dear Buddy ,

The Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between the NHL and the Players’ Association expired without a new agreement having been reached. As a result, the opening of training camps may be delayed and it is possible that games in the 2012-13 regular season may be cancelled. The Wild organization apologizes for the inconvenience this necessary action will cause our loyal fans.

Our relationship with you, a valued Season Ticket Holder, is very important to us, and we have put in place a program which we believe will allow you to add value to your investment with the Wild, even if games are missed.

Your remaining payments, due on October 15, November 15, December 14, and January 15, will not be charged until a new CBA agreement has been reached. Once the 2012-2013 season is confirmed, we will resume any remaining payment on the 15th of the following month.

Once a new CBA is agreed upon, you will receive a credit on your account for missed games, if any, plus 10% interest (APR) on the dollar value of tickets for those games once the funds in your season ticket account exceed the value of remaining scheduled games (that interest will be calculated on a daily basis between the date of the cancelled game and the date of the newly confirmed NHL season schedule). The ensuing credit on your account for the value of missed games and calculated interest can be applied toward future games, playoffs or subsequent season renewals.

If you find it necessary to forego the game credit and interest payment approach, we request that you contact your account representative to initiate the refund process for the value of any cancelled games which are not rescheduled. To allow for the possibility of rescheduled games, refunds will not begin until after the NHL has confirmed any cancelled games will not be rescheduled. Refunds will only be made once the funds in your season ticket account exceed the value of the remaining scheduled games.

As always, please feel free to contact , your Fan Relations Account Representative at with any questions or concerns you may have. In addition, we’ve produced an online FAQ document that you can access at www.wild.com/cbanews.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Xcel Energy Center!

Matt Majka

Chief Operating Officer

Minnesota Wild