View Single Post
Old
09-21-2012, 02:43 PM
hockeyfanz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
As a young guy with a limited budget, I don't have an exorbitant amount of money I can spend on live sports all year, so when I do fork over some money to go watch the Leafs in the nosebleeds once or twice a year, that's already a special treat. I don't have the resources, attention span or interest in going up to god knows where GTA to watch the Toronto Coyotes, to be honest.

As far as corporate sponsorships and affiliations, you have to wonder how far away the Bay Street crowd is willing to commute to go watch the new club. I think that's honestly a huge disadvantage.
I have to disagree..I think another GTA team would be very successful...there are enough NHL fans in the GTA who hate the Leafs that would immediately support the new franchise. Imagine the rivalry between the two Toronto teams. It would be epic. On one side die hard Life Leaf fans and on the other side Anybody but The Leafs mentality.....probably would turn into a Ticat-Argo type war where there are brawls in the stands. I would welcome another GTA team. I wouldn't change my allegiance but they probably would become my Toronto Playoff team

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote