View Single Post
Old
09-21-2012, 08:13 PM
weems

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
Kind of irrelevant - the job of the goalie coach (or consultant, whatever) is to make the most of whatever assets there are in the system, regardless of their talent level or style. While I'd suggest he did well with Reimer and Scrivens in their first exposure to him, Reimer's play steadily dropped off thereafter, while Gustavsson regressed noticeably thought his three years. Not why you want to see from young talents - evening theyz're not destined to be elite talents (which remains to be seen), they shouldn't regress that much under good coaching.
Who knows if Reimer regressed or simply never recovered after being out for a prolonged period of time due to injury. Even the best goalie coachs in the world can only do so much with goalies especially ones that were never pegged to be above average #1's in the NHL in the first place. I understand what your saying but I'm of the opinion that Allaire really wasnt giving much to work with in the first place so its really hard to criticize him for the job he did.

weems is offline   Reply With Quote