Old
09-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Getz has not put up the numbers in the last few years. Plus you would have to pay him big money. I see Getz as a number 2C at this time and would still cost 1C money.
Come again? Since taking over as the #1 center in Anaheim, Getzlaf has put up a point per game in every season, save this last one. 2010-2011 he put up 76 points in 67 games. The year before that was 69 points in 66 games. The season before that was 91 points in 81 games. And the season before that was 82 points in 77 games. In every sense of the word that is a player "putting up numbers", and pretty damn good ones at that.

He's had one poor season. One. If you consider those numbers to be those of a number 2 center, I'd absolutely love to see the numbers a #1 center puts up. How many are there in the NHL? 3? Maybe 4?

Also, to the person who thinks Gaustad could put up similar numbers to Getzlaf with the same players, you're just embarassing yourself. There is zero evidence to support that. You're criticizing a great playmaker because... he gets results? That's a new one for me.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote