View Single Post
Old
09-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Justin Johnson is still under contract with the Monarchs. Although in my opinion he wouldn't make the roster over any of the forwards listed above, he would likely be sent to Ontario. Although if Loktionov and/or Prokhorkin play in the KHL that may open a spot for him in Manchester.

As for Kyle Clifford and Dwight King. As another poster pointed out earlier Clifford would have to be sent through the wavier wire in order to be sent to Manchester. Clifford is still on his ELC but he's played over the acquired number of NHL games that makes him no longer wavier except. I believe actually Clifford is just over that number.

As for signing an AHL contract during the lock out the player has to have played in the AHL last season or was on an AHL team's clear day roster. Neither apply for Clifford, however Dwight King as far as I know is eligible to sign an AHL contract with the Monarchs. As he both played in the AHL last season and I believe was the Monarchs clear day roster.
Exactly. You have to be on an AHL clear day roster last season to be eligible to sign an AHL only contract if you have not been re-assigned to AHL already (all non-waiver players were re-assigned and some waiver eligible players were placed on waivers and re-assigned(Meckler/Legein/somebody I can't think of right now). Kyle Clifford was not on this list. He will not be able to sign in AHL. Dwight King and Jordan Nolan were on the clear day roster last year though, so they will be able to sign in AHL.