View Single Post
Old
09-22-2012, 02:28 AM
tv14

vCash: 50
My viewings from the Hurricanes game on a couple of draft eligible Canes:

Axel Blomqvist F: HUGE 6'6" import forward picked this year by the Hurricanes, joins his brother (Albin) who played on the team last year. Despite his size, Axel uses his huge stride and has very good skating. Has soft hands and good offensive instincts. Could get more gritty and be stronger on the puck. But all in all, after one viewing, I was very impressed by him and definitely see the potential.

Jamal Watson F: Amazing speed, probably one of the fastest players on the ice. Despite not being huge, is fiesty and gets in the dirty areas. Had a goal by using his speed and driving the dman wide and crashing the net. Really like this kid. Kind of reminds me of Brule.

Other draft eligible players include Macoy Erkamps a smooth moblie puck moving dman. Really like his game, although his offensive side can lead to defensive break-downs. Jay Merkley is another player to watch, offensive forward who has the potential to put up big numbers this year.

Wish I would have payed closer attention to Shinkaruk on the Tigers, but honestly without going into the game watching him, I didn't even notice him stand out.

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote