View Single Post
Old
09-22-2012, 06:56 AM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Yeah you might be onto something there. We have talked before about coaching need to be in tune with local culture and maybe hard disciplined sovjet style simply can destruct development for certain young players. Because you have so many choices in sports these days, if it doesn't include fun it can demotivate them. Todays young have choices, which you didn't really have in the sovjet system.
Off course you need some disclipline but in youth developement maybe creativity and playfullness build the basis of talent. You can always train the physical and disciplined part later...as when danish league prospects go to Sweden or North America to learn these things.
Tambijevs use a system that worked very well for him and his generation, but it might be totally out of tune with (some) young latvians today.
Certainly,ofcourse season has barely started,but still i needed to point this out,that imo,Tambijevs doesnt fit Dinamo Riga organzation and Latvian hockey in genaral.
Also sidenote about Rihards Bukarts- I think he will bounce back soon,but ofcourse it will take some help from tambijevs, i really hope gets promoted back to first line,its vital for young talent to be playing tons of minutes on the ice,to develop the offensive game.

BalticWarrior is online now   Reply With Quote