View Single Post
Old
09-22-2012, 10:52 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Glad that both the PA Derby and Cotillion are on the same day. Cotillion has traditionally drawn better fillies than the PA Derby with the colts, but moving the Derby to today from Labor Day has allowed trainers to come down for the huge purse instead of going to the Travers, and leaving us with everyone's C-team horses.

Cotillion is a G1 this year, which means I'm going to see my first G1 race ever, but also glad both races are on the same day. Neither race really drew that much, but the Cotillion, which the past couple years was run on the following week, couldn't draw flies. I could get almost any spot I wanted along the rail. Only 4 horses though, Questing scared everyone away. Haven't been able to get a Cotillion winner home in the BCLC though.

PA Derby always had a few more people but I could always get from the paddock, to the post parade, to my spot near the gate without a problem. Rematches usually don't live up to the first race, but it seems like we're the only thing going on today.