View Single Post
Old
09-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Percyma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
He had two assists in game 7, including one on the insurance goal. Who knows what happens if he isn't in that game. Pretty simple argument really. It's not like he was the 7th defenceman who got 2 minutes of ice time. Perhaps the Rangers tie it up and go ahead, perhaps they don't. Either way we'll never know. It's odd to suggest, as was previously posted, that the Spitfires would have definitely won the OHL Championship without Fowler.

The Rangers may very well have swept away the Colts as well, though I have no idea how that particular point is germane to this conversation. Perhaps you can enlighten me?
I think it amusing that you can surmise about what would have happened if Fowler was not on the Spitfires that season and for that play-off series in particular and you take exception to my ability to surmise as well.
Yes, Fowler did indeed play a ton of minutes for the Spitfires. Perhaps if he was not in the lineup his minutes would have been eaten up by the likes of Ryan Ellis, Mark Cundari or Ben Shutron. Any of these play-off grizzled veterans may haver performed as well or even better than Fowler in his absence. Very simple argument in response.

The Rangers were brought into my previous statement as they gave the Spitfires a better fight in the post-season than your Colts did. Again, just as you do, I reserve the right to speculate too.

Percyma is offline   Reply With Quote