View Single Post
Old
09-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Latgale_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Where did i say that? Sprukts just sucks,to put it bluntly.
Well... no, actually, he doesn't All his bad press comes from one incident when he didn't want to play for NT in WC stating ''tiredness'' as a cause. Otherwise he's a solid player for such teams like Latvia or Dinamo Riga.
If Indrašis gets 35 point season in KHL this year then maybe I will agree. The same about Giroux, as he might have been better in AHL few years ago but what is the situation now?? Lundmark was a good example last year...

And the problem with Dinamo is actually that there's not much problem at all. The only problem is that the league is getting stronger, maybe not the top clubs but the average level is increasing. Yeah the defence in last game was terrible but stuff happens. With a team like this in the first or 2nd KHL season we would be in play-offs for sure but, unfotunately, times change... There are a lot less teams with internal problems now, the managers' have started to select players more carefully and the budgets have grown, especially for some clubs. If we look at teams in front of us in standings, I can see us overtaking Vityaz still and Minsk might continue to be Minsk but other than that.... Slovan that is a carbon copy of Dinamo (as regards national identity as the club's ideology, budget) and great coach, Spartak that maybe does not look as impressive as concerns big names but where actually a fighting team has been built now, Severstal with Shipachyov??? And below us is Donbass who will sot their problems out, I believe, and Torpedo...

The problem is that we are, at best, standing at the same place when we were last year while some other clubs have made great steps forward... and not only CSKA.

I'm not pessimistic about our chances at play-off this year but I see our small advantages over other clubs during last few seasons suddenly going away....