View Single Post
Old
09-22-2012, 03:02 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Thanks for the report. What did Musil's offensive game consist of? How was his skating? I would assume that he was one of if not the strongest player on the ice, fair assumption?
The best comparison I could give would be a stronger, but less physical (hitting) Smid.

His offense is also a lot like Smid. You can tell he's certainly not going to be another Karlsson/Green, but he isn't completely lost either and he can make a fairly accurate breakout pass, but it's not that hard and tends to flutter a bit. His shooting needs a bit of work to get better at getting the shot through, but he can cycle the puck well, and had a decent slap shot the time he had more room to get it through.

His skating is actually what surprised me the most as that's what I read his weakness was, but he has a very fluid stride and it just looks natural. He doesn't have the same explosiveness of Hall or Yakupov, but he has decent top end speed, is very agile, and thinks the game well enough that he never gets beat 1 on 1.

He was definitely one of the strongest players (Victoria also had a couple big dmen), and he won a lot of puck battles simply by being stronger than the other guy.

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote