Thread: Value of: Jannik Hansen
View Single Post
Old
09-22-2012, 03:21 PM
I in the Eye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Not that I disagree with what you are proposing, or the thought process in getting there, but by adding different pieces with either A.) specialize the package so much only a few teams would be interested or B.) add different odds and ends (Edler, Hansen, Luongo, our 1st....) that hold some value of their own, and make a general package for another team, meaning we likely take back pieces we don't, as a majority of teams aren't in need of all three pieces (a high end starter, top pairing LD and a 3rd line anchor plus a late first draft pick).

I personally can't think of a team that "needs" both pieces in a bad way, but where the piece they don't need is something shiny thrown in if we are robbing them blind.
Ya, I'm not disagreeing with you or your thought process either... It's real specialized... It would be real difficult to pull off between two teams... Potential 3-team trade at the deadline or after the season it is The thing is, this is real good value... Value that would look just as good remaining on the Canucks... There is no need to try and pull wool over other team's eyes... Luongo is a fantastic goaltender, and Hansen is a fantastic 3rd line player... The by-product of being deep in a salary cap world is that valuable pieces that work well can be afforded to let go of - and might make sense to let go of, if the return is there... Gillis really has done a fantastic job that a player like Hansen might be available soon (given that Kassian has the potential to make Hansen available soon)... But, I'm a real big Hansen fan, so my preference is not to trade him... There is no negative reason to trade him... If Hansen is being traded, there's a positive reason in that Kassian made Hansen available, for the right price (if it's there) - where Hansen can be recycled into something else that makes the organization better... If a team was returning Luongo and Hansen at the same time (ignoring everything else other than impact on the other team's roster, including ignoring subtractions), I think lots of teams would like that addition...

Is it possible to send Luongo and Hansen to the same team at the same time given everything else? I agree, probably not...

Last edited by I in the Eye: 09-22-2012 at 03:30 PM.
I in the Eye is offline   Reply With Quote